The Evangelization Core Community oversees and facilitates the evangelization activities of the parish to communicate the message of salvation in Jesus Christ and the fullness of the Good News.
1 Peter 3:15-16: But have reverance for Christ in your hearts, and honor him as Lord. Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you, but do it with gentleness and respect.
2 Corinthians 5:20: We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: be reconciled to God.
Our patron saint is St. Paul.
Purpose and Guiding Principles
Through faith and love, the purpose of the ECC is to inspire all people to live in unity with Jesus Christ, our Savior, and to proclaim the glory of His salvation to others.
We will strive to ignite everyone with the Holy Spirit and carry out this purpose by:
- Serving as witnesses of our faith through our daily actions
- Encouraging all people to develop a personal relationship with our Savior
- Cultivating opportunities for all parishioners to fulfill their baptismal duty to proclaim the Gospel
- Educating parishioners about ways to evangelize
- Inviting each parishioner and members of the greater community into full and active participation in the Catholic Church
Membership is open to those committed to learning more and communicating about the message of salvation in Jesus Christ and who prayerfully discern to participate in the mission, purpose and function of the Evangelization Core Community. Members should be registered parishioners at Good Shepherd.
When available, a member of the Pastoral Staff will attend regularly scheduled meetings as a liaison with the pastoral team as well as other leadership communities.
A Coordinator will be discerned from the members and will serve a term of one year. A Coordinator may serve an additional terms if felt called through prayer and affirmed by the leadership community.
The role of the Coordinator is to:
- Prepare and distribute meeting agenda and distribute minutes via email;
- Chair all regular and special meetings of the Evangelization Core Community; and
- Act as a liaison between the leadership community, the Pastor and Pastoral Staff, and other ministries as needed.
An Assistant Coordinator will take over the role of the Coordinator in his/her absence.
The Communications Coordinator will take minutes at meetings and prepare the minutes for distribution to members.
ECC meets the first Monday of each month at 7pm, except for holiday weekends, when meetings will be scheduled for a different day.